Monday, September 1, 2008

Jeans for fat Americans

So today I went shopping with my friend Megatron for Jeans. It's a long standing tradition. I bring a girl with good fashion sense with me to check out my ass in the Jeans before I buy them. This little trick has worked wonders for my wardrobe and fashion sense (Really I'm not gay!!).

Ok so I know that I have a 32" waist. I measured it with a tape and it says 32". Well in Jean's 30 is apperently the max I can wear now. I was pulling at the fly's of half of the ones I tried on and there was 1 1/2" gap. So that's like a 3" fudge factor. Come on America, retailers are now having to fudge 10% so you don't feel fat.

Also this really complicates things for me buying Jeans that fit. The department stores minimum size these days is FA 30" (FA = Fat American = + 3"). Hopefully my salvation will come in the form of international chains like H & M that carry Jeans for Europeans. I guess they got frustrated at not being able to find Jeans that fit too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, seriously, I went to Lucky Jeans and I tried on what I thought originally was my pant size. Too big. Then I went an inch down, still kinda big. But I thought, I can't possibly be smaller than that. So I bought them. They were awesome jeans, but they still pretty much don't fit very well.

btw, the image/word verification code at the bottom of this is a ridiculous amount of letters.

Anonymous said...

So true, James. If you think jeans are bad, try khakis or cargo pants from the Gap. Yeah, they put a size on there buuuuuut, it doesn't seem to mean much. If the waist fits, then the ass is too snug or it looks like there's a load in there. Or the legs are too long. Or too snug. Or too wrong.

Annoying. Let me know if you find a place with clothes that fit "fit" people....